AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help

Question asked by HB on Jan 3, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Help

Trying to do the following without success.

In my "Product" Table In File "Data03" there are simple data fields including "Category" & "Cost" & a summary field "s_Costs".

The Category field was getting data from a value list which would allow for new additions.

I wanted to add a "CategoryAdjPercent" field which allowed me to record an adjusted value based on a common factor for each category, so I changed the data source of the Category field to be a separate table in the "Data03" file, which has a "category" field related it in the relationship graph to the field of same name in "Product" table, made a new layout just for the new category table, populated it with the categories previously in the value list, then when I tried to make a calculation field in the "Product" table, such as "CategoryAdjPercent" X "Cost"  it doesn't lists the table as being unrelated, even tho I linked them in the relationship graph in file "Data03".

What I want to do is:

Give one factor for each category

Be able to add products via the Product table with either new categories or select existing ones

Be able to have a report which lists all products with adjusted costs for each item & as a sum for each category as well.

What am I doing wrong??

Outcomes