3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2013 12:04 PM by Robbie_1

Help adding current date to a filename via script for export

Robbie_1

Title

Help adding current date to a filename via script for export

Hi, 

My name is Robbie and I'm running  filemaker pro 11 on a Mac using OSX 10.8.4.

I'm attempted to build a script that would take a found set of records, create a PDF using a field name as well as a current date for a naming convention, save it in a specific folder, and attach it to an email. I've created local variables for the file name, date, and file path. 

I think the problem I'm having is that the "Get Current Date" function I'm using in my $Date variable is returning dates formatted as mm/dd/yyyy, so when it's added to the filepath for the PDF exprt the computer thinks it's looking for folder mm, then folder dd, and the file is called yyyy. It then returns the error "“2013” could not be created on this disk.  Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk.".

Does anyone know how to change the formatting of the returned date or have a work around? I've tried changing the formatting in my system preferences of my computer but I'm still receiving the error.

I've also attached a screen shot of my current script build. 

Please help!

Thanks you!

Robbie

Screen_Shot_2013-09-01_at_1.42.36_PM.png