1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 11:10 AM by philmodjunk

Help Archive Inventory from Sales

bs_1

Title

Help Archive Inventory from Sales

I am very new and using the FM 11 with one of the pre-made FM BPK (small business productivity kits) I am trying to find out how archive old products in inventory so they do not show up in the seperate sales database when doing orders?

i am using their premade kit...so i dont want to add an archive database that might mess it up and i want to be able to access them still.

basically what happens is that the out of stock or old products still show up from the inventory even when they are out of stock in my sales database when i do orders. i want to set it up so that in inventory there are 2 options: current and out of season that could be selected. then when i do sales only the current wil show up. I am able to set up the inventory to have current and out of season. i want to omit certain old and out of stock items in the sales database from inventory....but still want overall access in inventory....should i do some sort of script? or is there a way to archive old inventory so that it doesn't show up in sales after it is sold out or the date has past but is still in inventory for the record.

thanks!

• 1. Re: Help Archive Inventory from Sales
          philmodjunk

I haven't played with the BPK, but most such solutions use some kind of ItemID or part number to link a LineItems table to a Products table where you store unit prices, names and other data. Usually, your product value lists are drawn from this same table.

There are several conditional value list approaches you might try--the details depend on your table structure and how you want to control which items are shown as "in" or "out" of season. You might be able to label each product with a return separated list of "seasons" and use a calculation field in your invoice table that computes the current season from the invoice date. You could then use these two fields in a relationship for a conditional value list and/or a portal to the products table.

Note: a return separated list can be created and maintained with a checkbox formatted value list. A relationship based on such a list matches values to any one of the listed values so a product with the listed values of Spring and Summer will be in season for both Spring and Summer seasons.