3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2015 2:41 PM by davidanders

help building 'retail' DATABASE

ahutler

Title

help building 'retail' DATABASE

I’ve started the initial database, but have no scripting or calculations because I’m not sure where to begin.

I hope this is possible, because here’s what I want. I would like to build a database that a user could check-out materials from, similar to a retail website.  The user would select the object type that they want, and then its category, and dimensions (for example, shirt, then size, and color).

The exhibition field would be a field that the entire order is centered on.  For example the exhibition labeled ‘MAD15’, needs 15 tables, 2 vitirnes, 3 pedestals. The user would be adding available materials to their ‘cart’. At the end they would ‘check-out’. The check-out would provide them a list of materials ‘ordered’.

The information in the exhibiton field would be attached to a date. So anything checked outfor an exhibition would be replenished at the closing date for that exhibition.  For example, ‘MAD15’runs from June 1, 2015 to August 1, 2015. All furniture on that order would be unavailable (subtracted from the total inventory for each type of material), during that time frame, but once 08/01/2015 arrived the database would replenish those checked-out items.

I don’t know if what I’m describing is possible or comprehensible, but would appreciate any guidance or answer.

Screenshots are below.

Thanks

Screen shots of the preliminary db.

OBJECT TYPE

CATEGORY