1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 2:22 PM by philmodjunk

Help creating a button to pull an inventory item into an invoice

DarrylEnnals

Title

Help creating a button to pull an inventory item into an invoice

Hi, I'm pretty new here, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to create an iPad based Point of Sale system, ofcourse using Filemaker Go on the iPad and taking advantage of its touchscreen functions.

The business has both services and products, both products and services are in the products database and catogorised as such.

What i would like to do on the invoice layout is have the services linked to buttons, so eg. whn i hit the haircut button, it pulls a haircut from the database and puts it into a row on the invoice.

products are not an issue as i cill be using a barcode scanner to pull into the invoice.

So how do i create a button to pull an item from the product inventory?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Help creating a button to pull an inventory item into an invoice
          philmodjunk

I am assuming the typical set of tables and relationships for Point of Sale:

Invoices----<lineItems>----ProductsServices

Where you are populating records in a portal to LineItems on an Invoices layout.

Write this script:

Set variable [$InvoiceID ; Value: Invoices::InvoiceID ]
          Freeze Window
          Go to Layout [Line Items]
          New Record/Request
          Set Field [LineItems::InvoiceID ; $InvoiceID]
          Set Field [LineItems::ProductID ; Get ( ScriptParameter ) ]
          Go to Layout [Original Layout]

In button setup, specfy that it perform this script and that it pass the ProductID to this script in the optional script parameter box.

For each additional service that you want to set up with a button, add a button to perform the same script, but pass a different ProductId as the script parameter.