1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 11:00 AM by philmodjunk

Help creating a database to track student behavior and export reports

TaylorUyehara

Title

Help creating a database to track student behavior and export reports

I work at a school that requires that I document all behavior issues on what they call quicknotes.  They look like this:

Date:                                              Period:

Student:

Teacher Name:

Short Description of Behavior or Event:

Intervention:

Parent/Guardian Contact Made?

Teacher Signature: ____________________________________

Currently I store hardcopies of these quicknotes in a binder, but want to go paperless so I can access the quicknotes at home and at school.  I would like to create a database that stores these quicknotes, but need to be able to export them 1 (actually 4) at a time when I refer a student to the dean.  At that time they need to be formatted to look, at least roughly, like the example above.  Is there a way to accomplish this using Filemaker? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Help creating a database to track student behavior and export reports
          philmodjunk

Export them or print them? (Or save as PDF and email them?)

You can make each note a different record. Then exporting/printing/saving as PDF are all a matter of pulling up the desired records in a found set first before doing the print, export, or save as PDF operation.

You would use one table to list each student and a related table to list each 'quick note' so that you can link multiple notes to the same student. A portal on the student layout can be an easy way to create and fill out new notes on that student.