4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 2:14 PM by TPK

Help Creating chart from column data.

TPK

Title

Help Creating chart from column data.

Hi. Thank you all for this forum that gives us a lot of help (especially to us begginers).

I am conducting a small survey. I am asking this questions to some companies. To be more clear i have created a sample table in file maker http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3636662796_40a9b4d1f6_o.jpg . So really what i am struglin to do is to make a chart for each column data at least those that are meant to show as a chart

So this is what I want to create:

What accounting software are you using ( the name of software and in the end the objective is to have a chart with the usage percentage of each program)

Are you satisfied with the product (also in this column a yes/no answer to be able to come up with a chart in the end)

Do you know our software (the same thing yes/no answer)

This are the main columns than of course the first column will be Name of the Company and Phone Number, and a couple of columns in the end, Note and Further contact date (if the company wants a meeting for the product presantation)

I would be very thankful if you can give me some tips or any link to a tutorial.

Thank again a lot.

• 1. Re: Help Creating chart from column data.
          mrvodka
             What data is the chart based off of?
          • 2. Re: Help Creating chart from column data.
            TPK

I am not sure if this the answer that you want to know but they are all Text data.

Sory if I don't get the question but I am new to this.

Thanks anyway. Hope you can help me more.

• 3. Re: Help Creating chart from column data.
              mrvodka

What I mean is what does the chart supposed to reflect? Do you want a percentage of satisfied users per each product or just satisfied users of their current product just in general...

IOW, if I surveyed 5 people and 2 of them use a mac (1-yes, 1-no) and 3 PCs ( 2-yes, 1-no), do I want it to be based off 5 users for 60% satisfied or do you want 50% satisfied with mac and 66.66% satisfied PC?

Then with your product, do you want that over all as well or per each product...

• 4. Re: Help Creating chart from column data.
                TPK

Ok now I understand. So the market that i am surveying can buy 3 kind of SW. From the data I want to show with the chart that for example 30% uses SW "X", 40% SW "Y" and 30% SW "Z". Tha same thing with the question do they know the SW "Z". So if I have 4 companies answers and I have YES,YES,NO,NO the chart will show that 50% know the product and 50% don't. I hope it's more clear now.  Than for the satisfaction I just want what percentage of the companies are satifsfied with their SW, even if "satisfaction for each SW" is more accurate I don't want to overcomplicate it. 

And thanks a lot for answering again.