2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 11:10 AM by comment_1

Help exporting to the web

Imageman

Title

Help exporting to the web

Windows 7 Professional 64bit  /  FileMaker Pro v9.0v3

I'm having a difficult time getting FM to export to my web, and finding a detailed step-by-step that shows how.

My goal is to be able to export and update a long plant name list to my web - Help appreciated, IM

• 1. Re: Help exporting to the web
          philmodjunk
             You have multiple approaches for this, I believe. This isn't something I can help you with much, but if you post a description of how you need to export your data (IWP, CWP, PDF, xml, HTML...?), perhaps another forum participant can chime in with the help you need.
          • 2. Re: Help exporting to the web
            comment_1

Not sure what you mean by "export to my web". You can export records as HTML table - this will produce a very basic HTML document. A more sophisticated approach is to export as XML, using a XSL styleheet - you can find some examples of this in the Examples folder that came with the application.

Either way, the result will be a HTML document exported locally - you will need to move it to your web site yourself, or use a FTP plugin.

Another option: if your site is built using PHP/MySQL, I believe you can update the remote MySQL database directly from Filemaker.