1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2015 1:52 PM by philmodjunk

Help generating some sort of comparison report

TadDaniels

Title

Help generating some sort of comparison report

I am brand new to Filemaker. I work in nonprofit clinical research, and trying to organize the data in a simple electronic database.

We see patients and needed sort of a light-EMR type program, so we can track the few tests and images that we create for each patient, based on visit. 

I created a table for patient information.

Then I created a table for visit information (linked through patient ID)

I used tabs to sort between the different tests we might do in a standard visit.

What I'd like to do is make another layout/table/or whatever needs to be done to accomplish this, where I can create a sort of "Patient Overview" screen, where there are tabs for each visit for each patient, and then sub-tabs like in the visit screen for each test. That way, we could easily compare results from a single test across multiple visits.

So is there an easy way to do that? Sort of like generating a separate interactive and automatically updating report for comparing the visits. 

Thanks!

visit_screen.PNG

• 1. Re: Help generating some sort of comparison report
          philmodjunk

You need another table (or several) to record your test data linked by VisitID to your visits table and possibly by patient ID to an occurrence of your patients table. This would allow you to pull up all tests for a specified patient over multiple visits and there a number of different options for doing so. Most would use portals to display your multiple test results. If the data recorded for each test is similar, you might use the same table but since the data is likely quite different for each test, it is more likely that you'll end up with one related table for each of your suite of tests.