1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 8:58 AM by TSGal

Help Getting Images/Pictures to populate container fields

dmanbaby

Title

Help Getting Images/Pictures to populate container fields

Hi,

I need some help/advice as to the best ways to get a folder of images to populate a number of container boxes in a single record.

For example, I have a FM Database that has about 15 container fields (that are set up for graphics) and I want to either drag-and drop pictures into them or better yet to select a folder through a dialog box or something and the pictures populate the container boxes (preferably in order).

Any ideas or tips? 

• 1. Re: Help Getting Images/Pictures to populate container fields
          TSGal

dmanbaby:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro does give you the ability to import a folder of images, but each image will be placed into the same field in separate records; not the same record.  One way to get around this is to create an "ID" field, and then create a second table that includes an "ID" field and a Container field.  Then, create a relationship between these two tables.  You can then import the folder into this table, each image being placed into separate records, and then update the "ID" field with the "ID" of the original record.  As an added benefit, this method also reduces the number of fields in your original table.  Using your original method, if two images appeared for one record, that would leave 13 fields empty.  The new method would just display the two images.  Does that make sense?

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above concepts.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.