AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help installing FM 8 upgrade from FM 6 on OS X 10.6.6

Question asked by RenatoRodriguez on Jul 28, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 by rjlevesque

Title

Help installing FM 8 upgrade from FM 6 on OS X 10.6.6

I have FM 6 on my laptop and need to upgrade to FM 8 which I have already downloaded. I'm trying to install the upgrade and it just won't do it. I have all the licensing key numbers, everything. I just called FM and they said that my operating system (Mac OS x 10.6.6) is not certified or supported for FM 8. WTF!!!! Why not!!!!

The rep at FM I spoke to said it's luck of the draw if I can get it to work or not, usually not. I will need to upgrade to FM 10 (which I can't afford) or downgrade to 10.4 which IS supported by FM 8 which I am not going to do. The database I need was created in FM 7. I keep getting the "unable to find a qualifying product" dialogue box, when I enter my license key number, organization, etc. and/or click browse and choose FM 6 from my applications folder I still get the "unable to find a qualifying product" error box. I'm at wits end!!!!!

He said a developer on this forum will know who to get my OS X 10.6.6 to upgrade to 8 even though it's not supposed to. HELP!!!!!!

Thanks!

Renato

Outcomes