AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help linking two files together

Question asked by KMG on Oct 26, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2011 by KMG

Title

Help linking two files together

Hello I am very new at using FMP; I have only been using it for a few months. I am working to create a database for a large number (thousands) of samples. I have set the following up; one file was created to house the background of each sample, which includes fields such as picture, size, description, etc. Then second file I created was a table that is used to enter in analysis for each sample. What I would like to be able to do is:

1) Have the “initial sample #” form the background file show up in the analysis file.

2) Be able to have multiple analysis records for the same sample # (i.e.: XY00-12 may need two records from two different types of analysis). The trouble is I don’t want to the multiple records to show up again in the original background file.

Is this at all possible with the manage database option avalible in the software, or will I have to create some sort of script to do this? Initially, I have just imported the “record #” from the background file; however it would be great if this would happen automatically and for the analysis file to be able to check to see if additional files have been added to the background file… Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Outcomes