AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help needed with time calculation in portal information

Question asked by LukeCulleny on Mar 26, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 by LukeCulleny

Title

Help needed with time calculation in portal information

Hello all! Please excuse me if there are any errors or I am not providing enough information as this is my first time posting. I am still a learning user with Filemaker with little scripting experience. I am building a database to help schedule setup and shoot times for a schedule I have essentially 6 fields that I am working with and several tables. This database has been converted from a filemaker template for invoiceing to perform the tasks I need it to perform. the fields are the following:

StartTime (Time Field) - Has the time I want the calculations to start from

SetupTime (NumberField) - Has a value in minutes that could range anywhere from 1 minute to 120 minutes

SetupTimeCalc (CalculationField) - Meant to calculate times for me Please see screenshot for details

ShootTime (NumberField) - Same parameters as SetupTime field but different value

ShootTimeCalc (CalculationField) - Meant to calculate times like SetupTimeCalc field See Screenshot for Details

EndTime (Calculation) - Display the end time after all portal records have been calculated.

The Tables are the following:

Shots - what the portal is displaying, the SetupTime, SetupTimeCalc, ShootTimeCalc and ShootTime fields currently belong to this table

Schedule - Start time and EndTime currently belong to this table.

I Need these calculations to be able to be refreshed If i change the order of the records in the portal by using my sort order column. I will always enter the StartTime, SetupTime and ShootTime fields and would like for the program to calculate as much as possible. i plan to have this program generate a report that displays the exact same information as well.

I am a college student that understands computers very well but as I stated earlier I am still learning filemaker so I ask that you please be as specific as needed so that I fully understand what you are explaining to me. I really appreciate you taking the time to review my question and I look forward to any help that can be provided.

Screen_Shot_2013-03-26_at_11.44.42_AM.jpg

Outcomes