2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 9:38 AM by RobertA

HELP ON VALUELIST SCRIPT!

RobertA

Title

HELP ON VALUELIST SCRIPT!

Hey Guys!

I have another question for the forum!

I am atempting to ease the identification process within my database to "redflag" certain chemicals by name that are on a list certified for trash disposal.  I curently have all of the names that are allowed in the trash as a value list called "DRAIN/TOSS".  what i am atempting to acheive is, everytime a user enters a chemical that is on this list, it turns the chemical name in that specific field blue. 

here is what i have thus far...

If [Waste tags::Chem1Name = ValueLISTItems (Get ( FileName ) ; "DRAIN/TOSS")]

Set Field [Waste tags::Chem1Name; TextColor ( Waste tags::CHem1Name ; RGB (0 ; 0 ; 255 ) )]

end if

thanks for the help guys!

• 1. Re: HELP ON VALUELIST SCRIPT!
          philmodjunk

valueListItems returns a list of all values in the value list. Since you have multiple items on the list, comparing a single name to the entire list fails even if it is somewhere in that list due to the other values in the list.

Say you have this list in "drain/toss": Sodium Chloride, Sucrose

IF you have "Sucrose" in Chem1Name, your expression is evaluating as:

If ["Sucrose" = "Sodium Chloride <ReturnCharacter>Sucrose"]

and this is false.

Use this expression:

Valuecount ( FilterValues ( ValueLISTItems (Get ( FileName ) ; "DRAIN/TOSS") ; Waste tags::Chem1Name ) )

If any of these functions are unfamiliar, you can look them up in help to see how and why they work here.

And in most cases, I'd use this in a conditional format expression instead of in a script, but you may have good reason for changing the actual data by adding the blue formatting data to it.

• 2. Re: HELP ON VALUELIST SCRIPT!
            RobertA

Hey Phil,

i gota say, you are awsome!

thank you so much for all your help and advice!

Robert