3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 6:51 AM by TSGal

Help on... How to link my AddressBook with FileMaker?

EvaDogan

Title

Help on... How to link my AddressBook with FileMaker?

Hi,

How do I link my address book to filemaker? Like for instance Bento does. I have a customer database and I want to connect that to my address book so that I don't have to add or update twice. I'm not familier with script, plug-ins and programming.

I need a simple step-by-step explanation, something my grannie would understand...

Big thanks in advance for all help!

Eva

• 1. Re: Help on... How to link my AddressBook with FileMaker?
          TSGal

Eva:

FileMaker Pro does not integrate with Address Book like Bento.  If you have Bento, you can import the Address Book Library from Bento into a new FileMaker Pro table.  However, any updates in either FileMaker Pro or Address Book application will not be reflected in the other application.

There are plug-ins available to do this (search our web site), but if you are not familiar with scripts, plug-ins nor programming, I am a bit hesitant to recommend this option.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Help on... How to link my AddressBook with FileMaker?
            EvaDogan

Thank you!

I found and just downloaded a plug-in from the addressbookmanipulator.com. Saw all the demo videos but are still unable to understand how I will get this to work. What do I do now? I can see that the plug-in is installd. I mean, in my FM database, how do I import the addressbook? how do I get it to automatecally update on either side?

I wish there was a simple button saying "Sync with AddressBook" or something like that...

Eva

• 3. Re: Help on... How to link my AddressBook with FileMaker?
              TSGal

Eva Dogan:

I'm not familiar with addressbookmanipulator.  You may want to contact them to make sure you have it installed correctly.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.