3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 12:20 PM by TSGal

help please

Thicks

Title

help please

I have a form letter that I created on a separate layout from where my data is being entered. On the form letter I created merge fields for name and titles however when I flip to the layout the letter is on the names don't appear. I made sure that the merge feilds data was coming from the table where the data was entered but nothiung is showing on the form letter. Help please

Also if you know how to change check boxes to data so I can encorporate them to my form letter I would appreciate it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: help please
          Orlando

Hi

Is your Form Letter layout referencing the same Table Occurrence as your Contacts Data, and Merge Fields?

With the checkbox, copy the field to your layout and double click on it, and change the option for 'Display As:' to 'Edit Box'. 

• 2. Re: help please
            Thicks

Yes as far as I know

My Form Letter layout is referencing the same Table Occurrence as your Contacts Data, and Merge Fields?

• 3. Re: help please
              TSGal

Thicks:

Thank you for your posts.

For testing purposes, duplicate the layout and include each field name referenced.  Go to Browse.  If the information isn't being displayed, then you may be referencing the wrong field.  Put all fields on the layout until you find the right combination.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.