AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help please. Limited knowledge, working in FMPro 9 Advanced, Export to  csv file.

Question asked by LynnVomhof on Aug 26, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Help please. Limited knowledge, working in FMPro 9 Advanced, Export to  csv file.

Hi all.

I created a database awhile ago in FM Pro Advanced 9 and my husband's been entering data in it and recently asked me to update it by adding a new field. This database is set up so he can export certain sorted records to a .csv file for performing marketing mail-outs to clients.

After I added the new field, not remembering about his need to export to the .csv file, I thought I was done and he started entering a bunch of new records - over 150. Then he tried to do the .csv export and the program bombed.

This was actually set up as a Runtime program but it bombs either in the Runtime version or when the .USR file is opened in FM Pro Advanced 9.

I tried just deleting the new field from the database and that didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions? We'd prefer to not have to re-enter over 150 records, there are quite a few fields for each record.

Thanks a bunch.

slycv

P.S.  Yes, we probably will look into upgrading but I haven't had much time to work with Filemaker due to my DAY JOB!

:o)

Outcomes