1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 11:21 AM by philmodjunk

Help please. Limited knowledge, working in FMPro 9 Advanced, Export to  csv file.

LynnVomhof

Title

Help please. Limited knowledge, working in FMPro 9 Advanced, Export to  csv file.

Hi all.

I created a database awhile ago in FM Pro Advanced 9 and my husband's been entering data in it and recently asked me to update it by adding a new field. This database is set up so he can export certain sorted records to a .csv file for performing marketing mail-outs to clients.

After I added the new field, not remembering about his need to export to the .csv file, I thought I was done and he started entering a bunch of new records - over 150. Then he tried to do the .csv export and the program bombed.

This was actually set up as a Runtime program but it bombs either in the Runtime version or when the .USR file is opened in FM Pro Advanced 9.

I tried just deleting the new field from the database and that didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions? We'd prefer to not have to re-enter over 150 records, there are quite a few fields for each record.

Thanks a bunch.

slycv

P.S.  Yes, we probably will look into upgrading but I haven't had much time to work with Filemaker due to my DAY JOB!

:o)

• 1. Re: Help please. Limited knowledge, working in FMPro 9 Advanced, Export to  csv file.
          philmodjunk

I suggest reverting to a back up copy if you have one. Your file appears to be damaged in some way. You can recover your current file and then import the data into the back up. (You can take the back up, add the new field all over again and then import your data.)

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.