AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP Please: Autofill in FileMaker Pro 13

Question asked by SarahFigueroa on Dec 3, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 by SarahFigueroa

Title

HELP Please: Autofill in FileMaker Pro 13

Aloha! I'm completely new to FileMaker Pro; out of necessity, to work on a project for work using a Mac, I have just switched to this database program, while being used to using Microsoft Access (apparently, Access does not work on Mac…)

So far it seems wonderful, with lots to offer in terms of layout, specifically… and with me having a much wider learning curve! Access is very simple, no fuss/bells/whistles, so with FMP I am stuck on something probably very mediocre: PLEASE HELP ME to understand how I can apply auto-fill! I have looked over countless tutorials and still cannot figure out how to enable auto-fill (the function that Excel and Access have, that I am used to and really have become reliant on when inputting hundreds of data!).

I'd like to clarify exactly what I mean: I am entering data from an event earlier this year. There are 7 fields, 6 of which have data that recur (though not consistently, so that I cannot just set for Autofill: "Value from last visited record". So for instance, I have the field "School Site", and 27 schools that participated in the event. I'd like to be able to just type in, for example: "Kaand have "Kamehameha" pop-up. Likewise with the 5 other (6/7 of my fields) I'd like to be able to type in just a character or two, and for "it" to auto-fill.  This is something I'm sure most people are familiar with in Excel. Is this possible? How can I ease my data-entry?!?! Much mahalo in advance for your help!

Outcomes