4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 9:45 AM by philmodjunk

Help Push Me in the Correct Direction with my Database Design

optimizer7

Title

Help Push Me in the Correct Direction with my Database Design

Hello All,

I'm pretty new to FileMaker, but am advanced in Excel and intermediate in Access. I have a Mac and want to use FileMaker to create the backend database for the website I would like to create.  

The idea is to aggregate deals on certain niche shoes I find across the web (eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Forums, etc.). I would ideally like to organize them by Brand, Style, Price, Location, and in some cases if they are eBay auction: time left.  I would like them to be organized similar to this website: http://solecollector.com/Sneakers/Marketplace/ where there are tabs on the left that can be clicked to refine results.

This is where I need your help!!!! I have all the info I need as far as products are concerned, but how can I translate these commands to SQL or even straight to the front end.  For example, if a person is looking for a Nike Sneakers, in a size 9.5, under $150: how can I create this command? Do I have to create 3 seperate commands?  Please help point me in the correct direction.  Any help counts and don't be afraid to be brutally honest.