1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 8:54 AM by philmodjunk

help request

latifejabary

Title

help request

Hi;

i'm a new user of file maker pro and want to design a database for abstracting my these's data.

I have lots of articles that should enter their data to these database,there are groups od data,

A)publishing data  which includes articles title ,authors,year...

B )epidemiologic data: this part includes information about measures they are measures in each articles,

Each measures have some charecters,such as measures type,mean,....

I design two tables,one for  publishing data and another one for epidemiologic data,

And define a relationship between them(you knoe each article may have more than one measurs);

In tab designing, i design a tab include publishing data feilds,and another one for epidemiologic  table’s feilds;

But i need to define a buttom for “add mesures”  & “remove measures” in epidemiologic tab.(you know each article may have more than one measures),

can you help me write the scripts of these buttoms???????????

• 1. Re: help request
          philmodjunk

i design a tab include publishing data feilds,and another one for epidemiologic  table’s feilds;

Did you use a portal on the second tab for displaying the epdemiologic data? Since each artical may have more than one entry, you need that portal. If you enable "allow creation of related records" in the relationship between your two portals, you don't need a button to add additional records in this portal. A delete portal row button can be placed in the portal row and used to delete the portal record, provided you enable portal row deleting in portal setup for this portal.