AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help setting up database for new user

Question asked by WendellNeeley on Nov 12, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Help setting up database for new user

Hi all.  Thanks for taking the time to help out.  I'm a newb at using Filemaker (or at least at designing databases) so please be patient if I appear a bit dense.

I'm an orthodontist and am trying to set up a tracking database for my new patients (let's call it New Patient Exams).  I want to be able to input relevant new patient exam data, such as date of exam, whether they showed up for the appointment, etc) and have a critical input of whether or not the patient scheduled their start appointment (the appointment where we put the braces on).  If the answer is "yes" to this, I would like the database to open another database (New Patient Starts) where I can put in releant information about the start (start date, fee, insurance amount, treatment type, etc.) and to populate the appropriate fields with data that might be duplicated (name, DOB, etc.).  I don't want an entry to exist in New Patient Starts for patients that did not answer no to the critical question of whether or not they scheduled to start.

Is this possible in Filemaker, or am I being too ambitious?

Outcomes