2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 6:16 PM by ErichWetzel

Help to compile several item event schedule into one listing like press release

ErichWetzel

Title

Help to compile several item event schedule into one listing like press release

We currently have a list of 4 events in a master record.  Each event has date, time, event and location associated with it.  Using a script, we use a long insert calculation step to write up a generic press release which includes the events and other informational content from the master record.  Parts of the calculation determines things like: if event 1, event 2 and event 3 all happen at the same location, only insert the location once, after mentioning the events, then use a relationship between the location and a "phonebook" table to get the location address and insert it as well.

I would like to increase the number of events able to be written.  In our current format, this step adds significant complexity.  The preference would be to have a second table and each event related to the master record to allow for any number of events.  However, I am having trouble figuring out how to get the second table events field content into my calculation as they are now in another table.  I am having trouble comparing them to each other as well.

Ideas or alternate methods?

Thanks - Erich