5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 2:21 PM by hanstrager

Help to Concatenate name

hanstrager

Title

Help to Concatenate name

I have a problem with combining some info into a field.

I have different product which is described by a lot of different properties, name, width, length, color and a few extra things that is specific to a few products but not neccesarily to every product.

I have a table, where I have different conditional value lists and other value lists, where these products are being "made/specified" with the help of these different valuelists. Then I need to combine all the selected info into one field, so I can use the product in another value list in another table. so I might fx. have a name product called

RIRI, M8, 25cm, Green, Fintail, Openended

and another one called

YKK, M8, 25cm, Green, Openended

My problem is when I try to make a calculated field to bring all these values together the ones that fx dosen't have one of the proberties chosen is left with a ", ," inbetween and I wonder if there's a way so if a certain category is untouched the "," dosen't show up..?

soo instead of : YKK, M8, 25cm, Green, , Openended     it becomes     YKK, M8, 25cm, Green, Openended

everything sofar is done with a basic calculation in a calculation field like:

Zip_Category  &", "&  Zip_Size   & ", " &  Zip_Length   & ", " &  Zip_opening   & ", " &  Zip_Color