3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 1:43 AM by starstuff

Help understanding Starter Invoice Solution

starstuff

Title

Help understanding Starter Invoice Solution

Hi All!

im breaking apart the starter solution invoice, need help on understanding some parts.

see image for detail

1. im studying the pop up buttons search , and found in the search box both customer and product uses the invoice id to refresh? why is it so? and not use the customer id and product id instead?

q1.png

• 1. Re: Help understanding Starter Invoice Solution
          starstuff

2. in the cross join TO of All customer and  All Products popover, where can i found these used in the layout? i think it should be in the search pop-up but the script is only for refresh, (see question 1 for the script), its not even in the invoice line, i know it should be in the search pop-up but cant find it. where can i find it?

Thanks All!

• 2. Re: Help understanding Starter Invoice Solution
            philmodjunk

There should be a search portal based on this relationship inside one panel of a slide control located inside a popover button.

I can't tell from the limited context of why they are setting this particular match field to itself. I do this at times to "goose" a match field used in a Cartesian Join (X operator) relationship to force a filtered portal to update. But the Invoice Data table occurrence is not shown in your screen shot.

Unfortunately this script uses Refresh Window [Flush Cached Join Results] to accomplish such an update and this is much less ideal as it can cause delays waiting for the layout to redraw when there are a lot of related records in your filtered portal.

And once again, the absence of any comments or other documentation in this starter solution makes figuring out its design a ridiculous waste of time. If a developer under contract brought me a solution like this, I'd refuse to pay for it until the required documentation was added as this would be a highly unprofessional and incomplete job.

• 3. Re: Help understanding Starter Invoice Solution
              starstuff

Thank PhilModJunk for the explanation!

wrong clicked! best answer is from PhilModJunk!