AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help using data to analyse sales

Question asked by petek157 on Jun 2, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Help using data to analyse sales

I own a furniture store and am building a program to make and track sales of inventroy items.  In a nut shell I have Customers, Products, Invoices and line Items tables.

What I am trying to do is analyse my sales to track sales trends mainly via graphs.  Meaning having a graph that shows the number of sales of the different colored furniture over a given period of time. Also a graph of sales by date and or time of day.  And more but I figure if I can figure out how to make one it should be similar for different criteria.

My thought has been so far that I have to use the line Item table as the source for this data.  What I am trying to figure is how to say, ok here is a list of all of my sales and I want a multiline line graph showing the number of sales of each of the colors over the last year. In the line item table I have a lookup field that enters say "Red" which it gets from the product table. I figure I need to do some type of count and summary to show that there were 10 "Red" 7 "Tan" and 11 "Brown" pieces sold last month.  How do you recommend I set that up?

Basically the same questions here just different criteria.  I want to graph sales by Date (1/1/2011), Day of Week (Thursday), and Time of day (12:30pm) and any combination of the three.  Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Outcomes