3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2009 7:14 AM by Orlando

help with  open script needed

shivnarine

Title

help with  open script needed

hello, i  would like some help with creating a script to take one user to a specific layout and all other users to another layout. Here is a script i created. it "somewhat" works, meaning that i get the same result for all users. It  takes me to the correct layout for one user but the other layout for all other users dont work. Here is the script:-

Go to Layout [ "ALL PASSENGERS" (BORDER) ]
      If [ Get ( AccountName )="carbonj" ]
      Go to Layout [ "VISAS" (BORDER) ]
      End If

Can anyone assist please?

• 1. Re: help with  open script needed
          Orlando

Hi shivnarine

Do your users all have separate accounts setup in Accounts and Privileges, or are you trying to use the user name from the Preference options?

If so then you want to use Get ( UserName ) = "carbonj" instead.

I hope this helps

• 2. Re: help with  open script needed
            shivnarine

Hi Orlando,

Greetings, and thanks for your reply. I have my users setup under accounts and previlidges. it just doesnt seem to work, and im a newbie to file maker. Well it works sometimes it seems....Im really not sure what is happening.....any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: help with  open script needed
              Orlando
                 The script you are running seems fine, so double check the value of Get ( AccountName ) when the user you are targeing logs in. Set up a temporary calculation and double check the value against your script.

Or at the emd of the script include a Show Custom Dialog step and have the Get ( AccountName ) in the message to see the value.

Let me know how you get on.