4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2013 1:00 PM by philmodjunk

Help with a Button to open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures

shae1725

Title

Help with a Button to open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures

I have searched the forum for help but to no avail! hope someone can help

I want to have a script which will do the following from a button

open  C:/Users:/admin/Pictures

select picture and set the chosen picture to  container (A)

• 1. Re: Help with a Button to open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures
          philmodjunk

The insert picture menu option or script step may be used to select a file to insert into a container as a picture, but there is no facility in place for designating the specific folder.

If that is a critical requirement, you may need to acquire a plug in that adds that capability.

• 2. Re: Help with a Button to open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures
            philmodjunk

On the other hand, you could use import records | Folder to import all the picture files in that folder into a table and then the user could review the images in a list view of that table and click to select one for linking it to a specific record in your database.

• 3. Re: Help with a Button to open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures
              shae1725

Thanks

i was assuming it could be done as filemaker lets you click on a container and be given the option of inserting picture!

Just noticed I think my question was wriiten wrong

(revised question below)

I want to have a script which will do the following from a button

open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures

allow the user to select a picture which will then send it to a container.

Many thanks

• 4. Re: Help with a Button to open C:/Users:/admin/Pictures
                philmodjunk

That doesn't change my answer.

Yes, you can open a dialog where you can select a picture to insert into the container field.

No, you cannot specify that the dialog always open to a specific folder.

Frustrating, but true.

You can work around that limitation by one of the methods I mentioned earlier.