2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 9:19 AM by gasolineman

help with a calculation field. average calculation using a formula only?

gasolineman

Title

help with a calculation field. average calculation using a formula only?

i posted this question a while back and did not get any helpful information.  

here is what i have: in my db i have a field in a record that notes the time when the rcord is created.  i have another field where i can enter the time i stopped working on a record.  i have a calculated field that subtracts the two and successfully gives me an amount of time i was on that record.  

what i want is... i would like a field that give me an average time for all records created in a 7 day period (the week sunday to saturday) that i am in.  some other forum folks posted some suggestions for using lookup tables and some other techniques that all seem to be overly complicated.  

i am look for a formula only.  is there not a way to use only a formula or combination of fields in the db to calculate this?  i would like to avoid making this complicated by using related tables etc.  if this is the only way, and you can describe to me (over personal email if needed) how to do this... i would appreciate it.  like i said... i would like a formula or cmbination of fields in the db.... not a complicated table relationship etc.

if you previously responded to my post about this, do not respond to this post.