2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 12:10 PM by MaraHigdon

help with a count calculation

MaraHigdon

Title

help with a count calculation

I am trying to count the number of members I have that are NOT "No Longer Gardening" from a v field called Member Type that has 5 items in the value list. 

Right now it just counts all members and looks like this

Unstored, from Garden, = Count (Member::ID)

What should my calculation look like if I wanted to count all members except the ones listed as No Longer Gardening?

Your help is appreciated!  Newbie!

Thank you! Mara

• 1. Re: help with a count calculation
          philmodjunk

That would depend on what you mean by "from a v field called Member Type that has 5 items in the value list. Is this a field formatted to permit multiple values such as a group of check boxes or are single values only stored in it?

And what will you do with this count once you have it? Just display it or does a script or calculation then need to do something more with it? (One method that can be used is good only for displaying the count on a layout or report.)

• 2. Re: help with a count calculation
            MaraHigdon

Disregard the "v".  I think it was a typo.

The field called Member Type is formatted to be a drop down that currently has 5 single values as options.

We have been running the calculation when exporting the list of members into an excel spreadsheet.  Right now this count just counts all members.  I want it to export the list with all members except the "No Longer Gardening" members.