1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 12:11 PM by TSGal

Help with a relationhip issue in my database.

Jerry2009

Title

Help with a relationhip issue in my database.

I have a business with multilple suppliers each supplier has multiple plants and each plant has a wide range of materials I purchase. I created a "suppliers" table with a portal leading to a "plant" table which has a portal leading to a table "materials" listing all their materials and prices. This seems to work well for me. My questions is how do I get the material information onto a table called "Job work sheet". For example when my employee opens a new work sheet and wants to enter the material he used on that day. I can get to one table ok but to draw up the particular material going thru the other two tables I am having problems.

• 1. Re: Help with a relationhip issue in my database.
          TSGal

Jerry2009:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have enough information to determine what tables are linked.

If your employee opens a new work sheet, I'm assuming there is an EmployeeID in the Employee table and WorkSheetID fieldin the Work Sheet table, and you have some link between the two tables (WorkSheetID?).  You'll need to link the Materials table to the WorkSheet table somehow (MaterialID?).  Then, your Employee table will have the ability to see the Materials through the Worksheet table.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.