3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2008 11:07 AM by TSGal

help with calculation

Victor

Title

help with calculation

Hello,

i am wondering if someone can help me out with this. basically i have this database of students, each student get assign enrollment  status: Enrolled, non-start and applied. Each student get assign a funding officer. also they get  second status for the funding source: SLM or PIF. Now, I need to figure way to find out  how many are SLM or PIF of those students which are enrolled. This is a summary report i am using to get the information base on funding officer. I am able to find the total for all the enrollement status and funding status but I need to figure a way to break apart base on funding status base on enrollment status. example will be 

funding officer:

James smith,

Enrolled=50

Non-start=10

Applied=5

Now, out of the 50 students  that are enrolled, how many are SLM and PIF.  

Thank you

Vic 

• 1. Re: help with calculation
          TSGal

Victor:

I still don't know what constitutes SLM or PIF.  You said this is based on the funding officer.  Why can't you run the report based on a calculation based upon the funding officer.  That is, the funding officer probably comes from a table along with the SLM or PIF status.  Correct?  You can then use this information in the summary report.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: help with calculation
            Victor

TS, 

SLM and PIF constitutes how the students are funded, those are shortcut for: pay in full and sallie mae.  I am  using the funding officer to do my summary report to the break down the enrollment status. Now i need to figure out how to get the funding status base on the enrollment status for each funding officer. let say i have funding officer james smith, how the 50 he has enrolled. how many are SLM and PIF.   i am able to get all the total for the enrollment statuses but not for each individual one. 

thank you 

• 3. Re: help with calculation
              TSGal

Victor:

If you have the 50 enrolled, you should have the status of those 50.  For simplistic case, 25 SLM and 25 PIF.  In your sub-summary by students, where you show how many are enrolled, you can add an additional sub-summary when sorted by status to break it down even further.  That is:

funding officer:

James smith,

Enrolled=50

PIF = 25

SLM = 25 

Non-start=10

PIF=1

SLM=9 

Applied=5

PIF=2

SLM=3

Or, you could create a new layout and substitute the Enrolled/Non-Start/Applied field with the Status field.  It could then look like:

funding officer:

James smith,

PIF=28

SLM=37

Let me know if I'm on the right track.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.