1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 6:54 AM by philmodjunk

Help with Calculation Please

sccardais

Title

Help with Calculation Please

I am trying to calculate the Trial Conversion Rate for our software using metrics imported each month with the following structure:

• Reporting Period (month/yr)
      •      
      • Amount
      •      
      • Product Version (7 possible choices)
      •      
      • Metric Description (Revenue, Cancellation, New Clients Added, Free Trials, Support Requests) 

For a given time period, I would like to calculate the Trial Conversion Rate by dividing # of New Orders for the period by the # of Free Trials for the same period.

Since the values for each metric are not stored in separate fields - which may be a big mistake in the way this FMP file was originally structured - I cannot create a simple calculation dividing New Clients by Free Trial Requests for each time period.

I'm at a loss about how to create this calculation.

Would I be better off changing the basic structure of this file such as the simplified structure below which would make calculations somewhat simpler?

• Reporting Period (month / yr)
      •      
      • Product Version
      •      
      • Metric: FreeTrials
      •      
      • Metric:Revenue
      •      
      • Metric:Cancellations
      •      
      • Metric:Support Requests
      •      
      • Metric:NewClients

• 1. Re: Help with Calculation Please
          philmodjunk

I think that change would cause more problems than it solves. Haven't we gone over this issue before? It seems very familiar.

With a separate record for each metric, you can use relationships or  ExecuteSQL to compute the two sub totals in order to use them in your calculation.