AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with creating a sign-in database

Question asked by AndrewClarkson on Sep 28, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 by AndrewClarkson

Title

Help with creating a sign-in database

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Filemaker Pro, and just wanted to check with some experienced people about how to create a sign-in database for a local volunteer rescue organisation.

To explain more clearly, once volunteers arrive at the office - they will need to sign in using an ID number. Once they leave, they need to sign out and enter the activities they completed.

So I have set up the following system:

- For sign in, I have a page with a "Sign in" button. Once clicked, this creates a new record, and requests the users ID number. The "time in" field is automatically filled with the current time. The user receives a confirmation and then the database returns to the main menu layout.

- For sign out (this is where I am having problems) - I have the user enter their ID number and then Filemaker searches for their record and enters the sign out time and activities completed. The problem is, I don't know how to get Filemaker to select the most recent record. If the user comes in everyday for two weeks - Filemaker seems to always choose the oldest record. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Also, I'd really appreciate any tips on the structure of what I have set up, and if I have done it completely wrong?!

Thanks very much!

Outcomes