AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with creating interfaces and scripts??

Question asked by coni on Jun 17, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Help with creating interfaces and scripts??

I can't seem to find any step-by-step tutorials or help for actually creating a user interface. Right now, I have a whole bunch of layouts/tables for Projects, then each Project has numerous Experiments, Personnel, Procedures, etc. What I'm looking for is how to make a layout that organizes all of my records in the other tables, along with buttons to create a new record, sort, find, etc. I don't really understand how the scripts are supposed to work.

Basically, I know there are table/list/form views, but how do I create a layout that combines a few of them? As in, have a summary screen of all the Project records, be able to sort them by ID # and date (how do I write the buttons script for this), and have an area where users can enter more project information and click a button to make it into a new Project record? Is there a way to combine two layouts onto one? 

Another quick question - is there some way I can have a list of all the Project records I have, and then click on a record to go to the actual form version of it and be able to change/add information?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes