2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2009 3:18 PM by TSGal

Help with database and music chord chart Report formats for a set list

hmcconnell

Title

Help with database and music chord chart Report formats for a set list

Hey all, I am having some problems with getting reports into a certain format in FMP8.5.

In this image: http://heathmcconnell.com/deleteme/picture6.png there is a screenshot of 3 reports. These are from Chord charts for music. The report on the far right is Bento, which is totally unacceptable. The left two reports are exported out of my OEM MS Access program called Songbase. I would very much like to get reports like this image.

So far I have opened FM and imported a CSV of all the data tied to every song. I now am lost as to how to get where I want. All said and done, I need to have FM be able to search for the songs I want, be able to create a set of the songs I pick from the database and print the set eathier in the single column or double column seen in the screenshot.

Is this doable? Can anyone help?  

• 1. Re: Help with database and music chord chart Report formats for a set list
          Blue22

What are you having problems with creating the playlist and printing all of the songs or creating the layouts?

Do you want to save the playlists after you have printed them?

The layouts should be in the song table.

The one column layout will have a long record with a large lyrics field.

The two column layout can be duplicated from the first layout then go to Layout Setup >> Printing >> Select to print in two columns.

• 2. Re: Help with database and music chord chart Report formats for a set list
            TSGal

hmconnell:

Thank you for your post.

First of all, in your Bento Form, it appears you have your right margin set too large.  If you remove the second column or size right edge of the Form smaller, you should get an appropriate printout.

In FileMaker Pro, you can also print out the information the same way.  Pull down the View menu and select "Layout Mode" and move the fields around to the way you want them printed, and you should be good to go.

If you need clarification or still running into difficulty, let me know!

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.