3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2011 4:19 PM by philmodjunk

Help with Email formatting...

TomMe

Title

Help with Email formatting...

I am using FMPro11.

This is probably a really easy thing to do, but I haven't used email much and need some formatting help.  I want to send an email that includes standard text AND field data.  The email needs line spaces.  For example:

"Dear "&CLIENTNAME&","

(((I need a line space here)))

"Thank you for calling our office on "&DATEOFCALL&"."

(((I need another line space here))) 

Anyone know how I can do this?  Thanks to all who respond.

• 1. Re: Help with Email formatting...
          philmodjunk

use the ¶ button to add this character into your expression to force line breaks:

Dear " & CLIENTNAME &  "," & ¶ & "Thank you for calling our office on " & DATEOFCALL & "." & ¶

• 2. Re: Help with Email formatting...
            TomMe

Phil,

THANK!  Do you have a recommendation for some good filemaker books that has these types of tips?  I'm hoping you don't say, "it's right in the usermanual."  If you do, I missed that class :)

• 3. Re: Help with Email formatting...
              philmodjunk

There are a number of resources available. I can't honestly recommend any one of them as the one that works best for one developer isn't the best option for another. I also haven't made a detail study of them due to being an "old fileMaker hand" that has been using the product since before the time it was a relational database.

You can research FileMaker books on a site like Amazon. If you read the reader reviews, you might get a better idea as to which one will work best for you.