1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2010 7:52 AM by comment_1

Help with FileMaker 5 Security Settings

kristen

Title

Help with FileMaker 5 Security Settings

Hi all,

I am a new user. I just took on a position as Enrollment Coordinator of a local non-profit organization and we use FileMaker 5 to maintain our member database.  I inherited the current directory database and the actual software from the previous person in this position, and I am assuming it has been passed down for several years. I am able to open, view, and print from the database no problem. However, I cannot modify entries or enter new records. The "new records" tab is not even available to click (i.e., it appears in faded print, can't select). I asked the previous user whether she had a password or any info regarding security settings but she did not, and she apparently never had this problem during her tenure. Could it have something to do with the way I installed the software on my computer (also a bit out of date--Dell Inspiron 600m running Windows XP)? Or is there some setting I need to change within the database itself? I feel as though there must be a simple solution I am just really unfamiliar with the FileMaker platform.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kristen