2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 6:53 AM by john.s

Help with FInd Request

john.s

Title

Help with FInd Request

I'm trying to find all jobs for the current school year and omit any that are Closed.  To determine the current school year I use a formula by getting the current date (month) and if the month is less than 8 I set the field to the Current Year else I add 1 to the current year.  That part works and I can perform a find that only pulls current school year jobs.  When I try to add an omit statement for the Closed jobs I then get jobs for every year.  The training documents show how to find and omit using a static search but only shows how to either find OR omit when using a dynamic search.  I know the search capabilities in FM are robust but I could use some help in understanding how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

John

• 1. Re: Help with FInd Request
          philmodjunk

Option 1:

You need two find requests. You enter find mode and specify the criteria for your school year, then create a new request and specify the omit request to omit closed Jobs. Then you perform the find.

Option 2:

Find the records for your school year, then return to find mode specify the omit request and constrain the found set instead of performing a find.

• 2. Re: Help with FInd Request
            john.s

Thanks again Phil,

I was trying to perform two separate finds...not doing a new request.  With the new request it works like a champ.