3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 2:52 PM by JaimeHorton

help with formatting merge fields

JaimeHorton

Title

help with formatting merge fields

hi again everyone 

so this is probably simple for most of ya'll 

i'm looking to create an info sheet from my database that will use mainly merge fields, i wanna list several merge fields on top of one another. however some fields will be blank in different circumstances, is there a way to get the merge field to slide up and or over if the info is blank. i tried using the slide up left option and it doesn't really do anything to them 

maybe i should be using a different method 

any info would be great 

and thank you very much 

JHo

• 1. Re: help with formatting merge fields
          IT_User

Sliding only works when preview or printing.

Also, if you put the merge fields in the same text block (instead of putting them on top of each other) then things should be able to move around, but only to a certain degree.

If I am incorrectly understanding let me know.

• 2. Re: help with formatting merge fields
            philmodjunk

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1.           It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
            3.           Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
            5.           All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
            7.           Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
            9.           Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
            11.           Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
            13.           Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
            • 3. Re: help with formatting merge fields
              JaimeHorton

Thanks Guys