1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 8:37 AM by philmodjunk

Help with inventory type database

KrisCirillo

Title

Help with inventory type database

I have created an inventory database in FMP to keep track of all of our assets. One of the tables is a list of all users in our company. 

On my asset entry layout, I have a drop down menue that grabs values from the Users table so I can quickly assign the device

I am trying to add a check out/ check in feature to keep a log of who has had what device and for what period

I created a new table called Assignment History

Added all the fields I would like to be there, User name, serial number, check in data, check out date

Back to my asset entry layout, next to the user drop down menue, I have created a button for check out that runs a script. Go to Assignment History layout, create a new record, auto fill in the user name (selected from the drop down menue), the serial number of the device and enter todays date in the check out feild

I then created another button for check in, which runs a script. Go to the Assignment history layout and enter todays date in the check in feild. Then I have some other feilds but they are not relevent for my problem.

Here is where the actual problem comes in. Once I check out and check in a device that record looks perfect. However when I check the device out to another user, it changes the user name for all previous records to the current user. I want to see a history of who has had what and when. 

So my questions is, why isn't the user name sticking on the previous records?

Below is a picture of my relashionships. Perhaps that will help to understand what I have going one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-11_at_8.28.06_AM.png