2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 10:13 AM by Mystick

Help with layouts!

user14830

Title

Help with layouts!

Hello All!

Thanks to the very supportive geniuses on this forum I have been able to design a database that is doing ALMOST everything I'd like it to.  

If you can help me with my latest challenge I would appreciate it.  I'm using FM11.  Below is my primary layout.  As you will see I have a 'grid', (for lack of a better name), that has a 'player name' with a line of number fields.  When a 'player' is eliminated, his 'line' is dark to represent that he is no longer there.

What I would like to do is have my TAB ORDER and SCRIPTS skip over the fields, (or cells), that are dark. Is there a way to do this????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

LayoutPic2.jpg

• 1. Re: Help with layouts!
          philmodjunk

Is "seat 5" dark due to conditional formatting? What is the expression used?

You can set OnObjectEnter script triggers that use this same logic and Go To Field to move the cursor to a different field than that specified in the tab order if the same expression used in the conditional formatting evaluates to true.

• 2. Re: Help with layouts!
            Mystick

Yes you can...

it's easier since you block the whole row...

use the same condition that you used to put the line black and create a script called "skip"

let's say your condition is Player::Status = "Eliminated"

then in your "skip" script, put this code :

If [Player::Status = "Eliminated"]
                 Go To Record/Request/Page [Next]
            End if

and call this script in the OnObjectEnter trigger of your fields