AnsweredAssumed Answered

help with linking individual records from other tables back to one main table

Question asked by StephanieLawless on Nov 6, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

help with linking individual records from other tables back to one main table

I am new to filemaker pro and have a specific question here. I have four different tables, each with an individual layout, that are gathering information on a specific transect line (we are collecting botanical data on many transects along rivers). I made a "general Information" table with a layout that has specific information I need to gather on each individual transect. The other tables are there to enter different data on individual transect lines. Here is my question. I created an ID field on my general information page to identify each transect. Whenever someone enters info into a record on other tables for that transect, they start by entering the first field on the record with that ID. Now, let's say I am on another table layout and scroll through all of the data entries from different transect lines. If I click on one transect line, for example, #MA13, how can I set up my database so that when I click back onto my "general info" page, the #MA13 record shows up? Right now I can only flip through the records to look back at the general info from that transect data. 

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes