1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 11:34 AM by philmodjunk

Help with my order page please (auto fill in)

Stuee

Title

Help with my order page please (auto fill in)

Hi, could someone please look at my order page and tell me what i need to do to make all 4 orders work.

The problem i have is i chose the item/colour/size in order one and when all are in the correct order they produce the price below which is great. but when i do the same on order 2 it shows already the price from order one?

i need to have this all one one page and was thinking of making individual order pages but when i get this running it will take ages inputting info each time.

file is here

www.beyondprinting.com.au/bp_market_v2.zip

also if someone can also help. i want on the layout7 page (list) so if i click on the persons name it shows all there orders in a list.

aaaannnddd.... when input a order and it shows me the stock level, i put in the qty thats being ordered and when i submit the record it subtracts the qty from the stock on hand.

thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Help with my order page please (auto fill in)
          philmodjunk

Your relationship to stock is strictly based on the Order 1 fields. Placing this field with the other order items is simply placing a copy of the same field on the other locations and thus you have the same price for all. You'd need separate relationships to different table occurrences of Stock inorder for your current layout to work.

I suggest you modify your design so that this complexity is no longer necessary. Typical Invoicing systems use this table structure:

Invoices---<LineItems>----Stock (called products in many examples)

Then you use a portal to LineItems on your Invoices layout to record each item sold on that invoice.

Here's a demo file created by another forum participant and uploaded to a different FileMaker forum you might want to take a look at: 

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/309136/