11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 9:19 AM by philmodjunk

Help with my product info

pedramp

Title

Help with my product info

Hello everyone.

i have created a inventory page which all the information about the products information are listed. its made of 4 main parts. 1- Item Info    2- Sale History    3- Order History   4- Location

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag143/pedram11/pic1_zps654017ee.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag143/pedram11/pic2_zpsc1688f16.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag143/pedram11/pic3_zpsfe296a6a.jpg

I have also created a layout to print basic prodcuts info.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag143/pedram11/pic4_zps9f769bdf.jpg

now i need help with two things if anyone could help me i really appricated. 

first as you can see in my print out layout, there are some items which have been sold out and in it show the number zero. what i want is to show only items available so any item which is zero does not show up or printed.

second help is that as you can see in my order history, there are items that i have purchased from diffrent seller or same seller but diffrent price. so the profit i make would be diffrent.

right now its been set to check for price and quanitiy that the item was sold with price and quantity with item was purchased and show me the profit . this is formula i used  (Quantity * Price)-(Quantity * Order_History::Price_per_Item)

but what is to move to next purchase and use that price in order to calculate the profit.

thx in advanced.

• 1. Re: Help with my product info
          philmodjunk

what i want is to show only items available so any item which is zero does not show up or printed.

Perform a find that excludes values of zero in the Available Quantity field.

but what is to move to next purchase and use that price in order to calculate the profit.

I don't quite understand the question. What do you mean by "move to next purchase"?

And it will be difficult to suggest much without a description of the tables involved and how you have linked them in relationships.

• 2. Re: Help with my product info
            pedramp

hi thx for your reply. i am newbie, how do i excludes values of zero in find ?

second problem. if you look at my order history page :

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag143/pedram11/pic3_zpsfe296a6a.jpg

i am buying the same product but from two different  sellers at different price. so price per item for one is $6 and for other is $7 and clearly the profit i would make is different. so what i want to is in Sale_history page its calculate my profit on the first order base on $6 and when the quantity reached 5, it move to next order and start calculating my profit base on second order which is $7.

• 3. Re: Help with my product info
              philmodjunk

Enter find mode. Type 0 in the field. Click the Omit button. Perform the find. This can also be scripted so that all you do is perform the script.

To repeat: it will be difficult to suggest much without a description of the tables involved and how you have linked them in relationships.

• 4. Re: Help with my product info
                pedramp

thx for replay

is there any way i can upload my files so you can take a look at it. ireally need this to be fixed and iam stock.

• 5. Re: Help with my product info
                  philmodjunk

I suggest using the controls below Post A Answer to upload a screen shot of Manage | Database | Relationships to post an image (please crop it) or your tables and relationships.

• 6. Re: Help with my product info
                    pedramp

ok here are the pics

• 7. Re: Help with my product info
                      philmodjunk

For starters, your relaitonships won't work.

The relationship from Inventory to Sales History should be a one to many relationship. One record in Inventory can match to multiple records in Sales History. But your screen shot shows that you have a one to one relationship. Either _FK_Inventory_id as been set to auto-enter a serial number or it has a validation option that requires unique values. It should be defined as a number field with no auto-enter or unique values settings.

_pk_ID in Order History would seem to have the same problem.

• 8. Re: Help with my product info
                        pedramp

in order to make this easier for everyone, i have uploaded my file where you could download it and take a look at it . it only 1.9Mb

here is the link : http://ge.tt/5skNOzn/v/0?c

thx so much for help guys.

• 9. Re: Help with my product info
                          philmodjunk

Which does not change the fact that you need to modify your relationships before you can move forward with your solution.

• 10. Re: Help with my product info
                            pedramp

im not sure how the relationship suposed to be cause i am very new in this but everything works perfectly the way it should. now if you can show me how to set the relationship different i really appriciated.

• 11. Re: Help with my product info
                              philmodjunk

Sorry, but it will not work perfectly when you try to put this database into regular use. Your screen shot shows that you have field options in place that will prevent it from doing so. I have already described those issues and what should be done to correct them. That has to be step one before looking at how to answer your question.

To show you what I mean, try createing two records in Sales_History and try linking them both to the same exact record in Inventory.