8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 2:20 PM by philmodjunk

Help with Record Level Access

thong127

Title

Help with Record Level Access

Hi All,

Im trying to setup my database which I want that user sees their own created records. this is what I have done so far. 

I have two tables Users Table and Daily Reports Table.

Users table Fields

Field NamesTypesOptions
      First NameText 
      Last NameText 
      cFullNameCalculationFirstName & " " & TextStyleAdd(LastName; Bold)
      cAccountCalculationProper(FirstName) & Upper(Left(LastName; 1))
      DeptCodeTextIndex
      UserID Auto enter serial

Daily Reports table fields

NamesTypesOptions
      DailyReportsID Auto enter serial
      Date  Date
      AccountNameCalculationGet ( AccountName )
      ActivitiesText 
      ActivitiesTimeNumber 
      Activities Summary =Total of ActivitiesTime
      ProjectCodeText 
      LotNo.Text 

The two tables are connected by UserID & DailyReportsID

My Privilege Set Name is Limited

My custom Records Privilege

Table NameViewEditCreateDeleteField Access
      Daily Reports                

Limited

AccountName = Users::cFullName

Limited 

Yes-All
      Users                

Limited

Limited 

--All

When I try to Login to the Account with the Privilege set Name (Limited) I was unable to create any record (The New Record Menu is greyed out)

Can you please point me to the right direction.

Thank you so much.

Lola