AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with Record Level Access

Question asked by thong127 on Jul 22, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Help with Record Level Access

Hi All,

Im trying to setup my database which I want that user sees their own created records. this is what I have done so far. 

I have two tables Users Table and Daily Reports Table.

Users table Fields

Field NamesTypesOptions
First NameText 
Last NameText 
cFullNameCalculationFirstName & " " & TextStyleAdd(LastName; Bold)
cAccountCalculationProper(FirstName) & Upper(Left(LastName; 1))
DeptCodeTextIndex
UserID Auto enter serial

Daily Reports table fields

NamesTypesOptions
DailyReportsID Auto enter serial
Date  Date
AccountNameCalculationGet ( AccountName )
ActivitiesText 
ActivitiesTimeNumber 
Activities Summary =Total of ActivitiesTime
ProjectCodeText 
LotNo.Text 

The two tables are connected by UserID & DailyReportsID

My Privilege Set Name is Limited

My custom Records Privilege

Table NameViewEditCreateDeleteField Access
Daily Reports                

Limited

AccountName = Users::cFullName

Limited 

Yes-All
Users                

Limited

Limited 

--All

When I try to Login to the Account with the Privilege set Name (Limited) I was unable to create any record (The New Record Menu is greyed out)

Can you please point me to the right direction.

Thank you so much.

Lola

Outcomes