AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP WITH RELATIONSHIPS

Question asked by ErickJ.Gonzalez on May 14, 2015
Latest reply on May 16, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

HELP WITH RELATIONSHIPS

Hello I am creating a Database with 3 TABLES:  "PERSONNEL TABLE", "ACTIVITY LOG" and "REFERRALS".

I would like my staff to be able to record their activities on the "ACTIVITY LOG". This layout has a button(script) that when a referral is made, they can click on it, and it takes them to the "REFERRALS" table where they can enter the referral info.

I would like the end result to be (for example) is that there would be 150 records in the "ACTIVITY LOG"  and 30 records in the "REFERRALS" table, since not every activity entered results in/requires a referral.  

As you can see currently the "REFERRALS" table is not even related to any of the other tables.  I was clearly doing something wrong because every time I would enter a new record on the "ACTIVITY LOG" it would pop-up this message:

“_kp_referral_id” is defined to require a value, but it is not available on this layout. Use another layout to assign a value to this field".

PS: I am not sure if I am understanding the _kp_ vs _kf_  and thier respective settings. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank You,

ForumQuestion.jpg

Outcomes