AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with Report Views

Question asked by fredmckinnon on May 12, 2011
Latest reply on May 25, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Help with Report Views & Data (Compact Groups by Week or Month?)

Hey Gang,

We've been using DabbleDB for a couple of years extensively, and since they are going out of business, we've migrated everything over to FileMaker.  I am missing some of the easy features that were available in Dabble (though I'm sure FileMaker can make them happen).

One thing that Dabble offered was the ability to have a "compact" view by Group ...

So, for example, if I wanted to show the Net Profit & Loss by week ... it would show one, single line, with the total - they called it "Compact View".

So, let's say there were 500 sales entries for that week ... rather than showing all 500 entries and a trailing summary ... it would just show a single row that looked someting like this:
Date                      Net P&L
May 1-7, 2011        $25,000
May 8-14, 2011      $30,000   etc.

Dabble had these pre-defined searches as "views" that were saved ... I had views like:
Sales by Week (Compact View)
Sales by Month (Compact View)

etc.

So .. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do all of this ... any help?  If you can point me in the right direction with the keywords, features, etc., I can read the manual (again) and try to figure it out - but need a kick start.

Outcomes