1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2013 10:17 AM by philmodjunk

Help With Reports

TyroneNoel

Title

Help With Reports

Hi Guys

I have built a filemaker database, well it has 2 databases in it.

it is client management for my Broadband customers.

I have 2 databases in it.

First database is all the user info, contracts, account info, loyalty program etc.

the second database is the different accounts we host, cost price and sale price.

The trick to it is that i have loyalty clients, ie. they joined me through a loyalty program of some form. i have created separate accounts in the second database for these loyalty accounts. and in the first database there is a loyalty program table that has a drop down menu of the different loyalty options.

i now need to create a report that shows me the clients that are not on loyalty programs, and the ones that are, subtotalling the total cost and sale prices for each loyalty program so that we know how much we owe our partners

i hope this is clear enough, please let me know if this is possible

Many Thanks

• 1. Re: Help With Reports
          philmodjunk

I think you need a summary report. Such a report can list each account in two groups (loyalty program members and those that are not members) with a sub total for each. It can also just list the two sub totals.

Define a calculation field, cLoyaltyMember as: Not IsEmpty ( YourDropDownMenuFieldHere ). Select Number as the result type. It will return a 1 in the field if the client is a member of a loyalty program and a zero if the client is not.

On a list view layout, you can add a Sub summary layout part "When Sorted by" cLoyaltyMember. If you place summary fields that total your cost and sale price fields in this sub summary part, you'll get a sub total for each group. Put the same fields in a header, footer or grand summary layout part and you'll get a grand total.

The final requirement on this layout is that your records must be sorted by cLoyaltyMember or the sub summary layout parts will not be visible.