1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 9:46 AM by philmodjunk

Help with scroll and opening remote and password

ChrisAustin

Title

Help with scroll and opening remote and password

Hi. I am looking for help with 3 things:

1) I would like to stop the user from moving to the next record when using the scroll wheel. Instead the user should go down the page like almost every other piece of software since the beginning of time. Is this possible to do without locking the scroll bar because my layout spans more than one screen width? (I have looked at some responses to this but nothing to help. Also. How do you actually lock and hide the scroll bar?)

2) I would like it so that when a user opens filemaker, it automatically opens a remote database. Is this possible?

3) I would like it so that the user doesn't have to log in every time they use filemaker when connecting to a remote database. Is this possible? 

Many Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: Help with scroll and opening remote and password
          philmodjunk

1) You don't lock and hide the scroll bar, you lock and hide the status area--the grey rectangle across the top of your screen.

2) Yes, there are several ways. One way is to write a script that opens the remote database and use File Options to select this script to be performed when your file opens.

3) There are two ways to do this in FileMaker (I'm assuming the remote database is a FileMaker database here).: 1) Define the same account name and password in your file as the remote database. FileMaker will then open the remote database with the same account name and password the user used to open the first file without opening a log in dialog. 2) In File Options for the remote database, set it to open automatically with an account name and password. While this second option achieves what you asked for, it's unlikely to be a practical option.