2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2015 5:04 PM by ValBerechet

Help with setting up auto emails for field changes.

ValBerechet

Title

Help with setting up auto emails for field changes.

Looking for some help in setting up an auto email to specific recipient when a field is modified.

What I'm looking to accomplish is when Sales Rep = X, and any field is modified, send an email to X. Ideally it would also include what field was changed as part of the email content.

Currently I have a single script setup (see attached) that when a rep logs in, it automatically goes to the Sales Rep Access layout, then if Sales Rep = X, it does an automatic find for their name in the Sales Rep field and only displays their accounts.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-09_at_12.05.07_PM.jpg

• 1. Re: Help with setting up auto emails for field changes.
          philmodjunk

I don't see what the script that you've posted has to do with sending out emails if a record is modified. And the script shown can be simplified greatly.

enter Find Mode [] --> clear the pause check box, do not specify stored find criteria
          Set Field [YourTable::AccountName ; Get ( AccountName ) ]
          Set Error Capture [on]
          Perform Find []

Your go to layout step should also not be set up with the "go to layout name by calculation" option. You should select the layout name from the drop down list of layout names that you can pull up with this script step. That way, if you at some later point rename this layout, your script doesn't break.

• 2. Re: Help with setting up auto emails for field changes.
            ValBerechet

Thanks Phil. The only reason I posted the script I currently have is if it has any effect on what I'm trying to do, or to show what is currently in place now (in case someone asked "What do you currently have setup?")

I'm afraid to mess with the current script for when the reps log in, it's working sooo... :)

Any input on the auto email script when a field is modified? Thanks again.